Evidence of earning for mortgage purposes

If you are a client, and registered to submit a self-assessment tax return, we can provide you with a printed statement that you can use as evidence of earnings for mortgage purposes.

If you are not a client, there are many ways you can obtain this data direct from your employers and other sources. For example, you could use the following as evidence of earnings:

  • A P60 from your employer, you should receive this on or before the 1 May following the end of each tax year.
  • HMRC no longer issue paper statements of income, the form SA302, but you can obtain printed self-serve copies from your HMRC online account or the commercial software used to submit the tax return.

HMRC has agreed with UK Finance (formerly the Council of Mortgage Lenders) and their members to make the necessary changes so that they will accept self-served copies of the tax calculation from the HMRC’s online account or the commercial software used to file the self-assessment return. Most of the major mortgage lenders have accepted this new format for evidencing income.